PayPal began way back in 1998 and became a public company in the United States in 2002. That same year, they became a wholly-owned subsidiary of the online auction site, eBay, remaining as such until they spun off as their own company in 2015.
PayPal quickly rose the ranks as a company, becoming a part of the Fortune 500 list in 2018, ranking at number 222 as far as the largest corporations in the United States according to their revenue. PayPal today is used by millions of people worldwide to conduct easy and safe financial transactions online.
While the transactions are conducted using a person's banking information, credit card or some other financial means, PayPal keeps all of that information safe and secure within each user's account. The other party in the transaction only knows that who they are receiving the money from or sending the money to. They do not have access to any private financial information.
This is what has made PayPal so popular, and why it's one of the most desired forms of payment for online casinos in the USA.
Pros and cons of PayPal
Like anything in life, there are both pros and cons to using PayPal at an online casino in the U.S. Here are some of the pros:
- Security: You don't have to enter your credit card or banking information into the online casino's site. While online casinos don't store credit card or banking information for their players online, PayPal adds an extra level of security.
- It's easy: If you already have a PayPal account, you won't have to enter your payment information to the online casino. All you have to do is sign into your PayPal account and choose which pre-loaded payment method you'd like to use.
- Withdrawals are quick: If you're using an e-wallet such as PayPal to make a withdrawal from your online casino account in the USA, chances are you're going to get your money faster than if you used another method.
Some of the cons of using PayPal are:
- It's not always an option: Not every online casino in the USA offers PayPal as a transaction method for deposits and/or withdrawals. You'll want to check for this first if you want to use PayPal.
- You don't have the same guarantee: PayPal guarantees transactions that are conducted through its platform. However, this rule does not apply to online casinos. This can be a potential major downfall of using the service at an online casino in the USA.
- You still have to enter your financial information: If you don't have a PayPal account, you'll still have to go through the process of entering in your method of payment into your PayPal account.
PayPal Casinos US - Safety
Using PayPal as a transaction method in the USA is highly recommended for a number of reasons. First, you will not be required to enter any of your personal financial information into the online casino's site. This reduces the potential for hacking and for your information to be leaked to bad actors.
Second, PayPal uses some of the world's best encryption techniques to protect and secure transactions that are conducted using their e-wallet. The company has loads of experience conducting millions of financial transactions across the world. They are dedicated to providing the utmost security because that's all that the company does.
You can rest assured knowing that PayPal is one of the most trustworthy, legitimate and secure third-party e-wallets that is around.
Using PayPal at an online casino
Using PayPal at an online casino is in the United States is very simple. The first thing you need to do is make sure that the online casino you are playing at accepts PayPal as a transaction method. If they do, then making a deposit or withdrawal is very simple.
To make a deposit at an online casino with PayPal, you first will need to sign into your PayPal account on the casino website. You will use the username and password that you chose when you signed up for your PayPal account.
Navigate to the cashier page of the online casino site, and select PayPal as your funding method. Once you do this, you should be taken to another screen - or a pop-up screen -- where you will enter your login information.
Once you've logged in, you will choose the method of payment you desire from your list of funding sources within your PayPal account. This could include credit cards, debit cards and/or bank accounts that you loaded into your PayPal account previously.
Once you finish that, you will be taken back to the online casino cashier page. Simply enter your desired deposit amount, enter any bonus code if you have one, and click submit.
Making a withdrawal using PayPal is just as simple as making a deposit. Navigate to the online casino's cashier page, click on withdrawals and then select PayPal as your method of withdrawal.
You will again be taken to a new page, or a pop-up window will appear, where you will need to enter your login information for PayPal. Once you do that, you'll need to select the account in your PayPal where you want the money to be deposited.
After you do that, you'll be taken back to the online casino's cashier page where you will enter your desired withdrawal amount. Click submit and your transaction will be initiated.
PayPal Casinos US - FAQ
How can I create a PayPal account?
Creating a PayPal account is simple. Go to their website, click on create new account, and follow the simple prompts.
Is it legal to use PayPal at online casinos in the USA?
Yes, this is a legal form of payment at online casinos in the USA. You just need to make sure the state you are in has legal online gambling.
Is there a minimum deposit amount for PayPal?
That will depend on the online casino you are playing at. They will set any deposit minimums for all their methods of payment.
Is there a minimum withdrawal amount for PayPal?
Again, that will be determined by the specific online casino.
Does PayPal accept major methods of payment?
Yes. PayPal accepts all major credit cards and bank accounts.
Why was my transaction with PayPal declined?
Even though online gambling may be legal where you live, it is not a legalized practice across the country in the USA. That means that some financial institutions may block your transactions for online casinos, even if what you are doing is completely legal.
Will the online casino need more information from me?
No. All you will need to do is sign into your PayPal account to use it as a payment or withdrawal method at an online casino in the USA.